KEEPING YOUR MARBLE FLOOR LOOKING GREAT IS PRIORITY ONE, SO I SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING
- Dust mop with a good ( not treated dust mop) daily . Place area rugs directly on marble , at all entrances coming from oudoors , to minimize dirt, grit and sand that will scratch the stone floor.
- Damp mop with a soft cotton string mop with plastic mop stick, metal mop holders will scratch stone. (make sure to keep the mop clean for next use, a solution mix of one cup of regular bleach with Two gallon of water , soak mop over night and wring out next day , this will keep it clean .
- Damp mop solution: Damp mop stone with a few drops of neutural cleaner mixed clean water, for example stone soap ( available at your local ceramic tile/stone store), or mix your own solution ( a couple of drops of liquid dish soap like (palmolive) to 2 gallons of clean warm water. Or purchase a cleaner formulated for marble/stone.
KEEP ALL CLEANERS AWAY FROM YOUR STONE FLOORING, ESPECIALLY MARBLE, IT CAN GET DAMAGED . ALSO KEEP AWAY GLASS CLEANERS, TOIET BOWL CLEANERS, TUB AND TILE CLEANERS, AND ANY CLEANER THAT HAVE ACIDITY CONTENT, AND ALL ABRASIVE MATERIALS. KEEP THESE AWAY FROM MARBLE, THEY CAN AND WILL DESTROY THE STONES SURFACE.
STAIN REMOVAL PROCESS
ONCE YOUR STONE MATERIAL, " MARBLE, GRANITE, TRAVERTINE, OR LIME STONE" ON FLOORS OR COUNTER-TOPS HAS A STAIN ON IT , IT CAN BE VERY DIFFICULT REMOVING IT. TRY USING THE FOLLOWING REMEDIES, AT TIMES THEY HAVE WORKED VERY GOOD FOR ME.
- Apply Poultice material according to directions on bottle, ( available at some ceramic tile stores ). Some stains can be stubborn, re-apply the Poltice product, then if the stain does not want to come out, then call a professional to remedy the problem.
- If the spill has just happened, then you must pick up spill soon as possible, by blotting the spill with paper towel. Don't wipe the area, it will spread to other areas. Flush the area with plain water and mild soap and rinse several times. Dry the area thoroughly with a soft cloth, repeat as necessary. Again if the stain penetrates the surface, and you already applied the poultice product, then call a professional to remedy the stain.
- Sealers are very important to your marble/stone flooring or counter-tops. there are many different types of sealers, be careful, do not use sealers that leave a shean on the surface, the most affective sealers are: PENETRATING SEALERS AND IMPREGANATING SEALERS, they both act as barriers below the stone surface, it protects spills from penetrating deeper inside the stone, the deeper the stain, the harder it is to remove it, and sometimes it cannot be removed.
- Areas with most traffic, should have Sealer re-applied once per year, to keep the area safe from staining. Make sure you read the label on how to apply the sealer, not as easy as everyone things.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT AND KEEP YOUR MARBLE/STONE FLOORING/ COUNTER-TOPS LOOKING GOOD, SO IF WE CAN BE IN ANY FURTHER HELP , CALL US, OR WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH AN ESTIMATE FREE OF CHARGE.
If the above suggestions have helped you in resolving your problem: Please let us know, with a short e-mail.
& POLISHING INC